Tips that can help you on your AC purchase
- Don’t buy an AC that is too small for the room it needs to service. If the AC is undersized it will run constantly and wear out sooner than an AC sized correctly
- Don’t buy an AC that is too big for the room it needs to service, this will likely increase your running costs and you will pay more money than you need to on the purchase.
- If you want a Ducted AC look into getting a zoned system. This can save you money on the purchase of the AC and rapidly reduce your running costs.
- If you are ever unsure of what type, brand or size AC to purchase always seek the help of a professional.
- Make sure you buy an AC with minimum 5 years warranty
- Look into any body corporate issues that may arise if you want to install an AC into an existing apartment or Townhouse. The outdoor units are deemed to be un sightly by a lot of people, so if the outdoor part needs to be installed in a highly visible area this could cause problems.
- Avoid brands of ACs that you have never heard of, a lot of them don’t hang around for a long time so there is a chance you wont get any warranty if you need to make a claim
- Never attempt to install the AC yourself